Bursting to become a BUSINESS buddy
What is BUSINESS buddy?
- If it means analysing the profitability of jobs fast enough to make a difference to a company’s bottom line right now – BUSINESS buddy does it.
- If it means establishing systems to minimise paperwork wars that growing businesses encounter –BUSINESS buddy does it.
- If it means holding a workshop to demonstrate the latest innovation in entrepreneurial technology – BUSINESS buddy does it.
- If it means holding business owners and managers accountable for meeting their own business goals – BUSINESS buddy does it.
- If it means filing tax compliance documents on time, every time – BUSINESS buddy does it.
- If it means sharing a glass of something cold and bubbly with a happy client – BUSINESS buddy does it.
To enable business owners to achieve their business goals and dream
BUSINESS buddy uses the latest business tools and systems to help other businesses achieve their goals. There is no limit to what that might take and with solid accountancy skills to keep things real, BUSINESS buddy generates tangible plans and aims to eliminate any nasty surprises for their clients.
Power to BUSINESS buddy
With the 21st century revolution of cloud-based software such as Xero, GeoOp and Receipt Bank, the nature of chartered accounting took a giant leap forward. Many basic admin tasks that kept businesses shipshape could be taken care of with little more than a click or two on a smart device. Where did this technological shift leave chartered accountants who had developed a niche tidying up data and spitting out annual reports that were often 18 months behind the times? Nowhere for those who refused to change and everywhere for those who saw new opportunities.
Become a BUSINESS buddy and you’ll get
What it takes to be a BUSINESS buddy
- Ideally, you’ll be an undies on the outside, heroic kind of business person who puts your clients’ needs first.
- Importantly, you’ll be a chartered accountant or CPA, and believe the future of your profession lies in comprehensive business support for your clients.
- You’ll be proactive, prepared to think a little differently and love getting involved with a broad range of business elements that impact on your clients’ companies.
- You will have the internal fortitude to learn something new and run with it when you have mastered it.
- A BUSINESS buddy is a team player and you will aspire to have a great squad in your own hub.
- You’ll also be happy to pick up your smart phone and contact us a HQ when you need a mate to chat with about ideas or questions.
- You will strive for excellence and be realistic about times when things don’t go as planned.
- Like all good mates – you’ll accept mistakes, learn from them and not be risk averse the next time a challenge pops up.
You'll also be prepared to celebrate the awesomeness of your BUSINESS buddy. If this sounds like you, keep going.
Becoming a BUSINESS buddy
The BUSINESS buddy team wants to ensure we recruit people who are a great fit with our purpose, values and principles. More than anything – we want people who understand what BUSINESS buddy offers and what makes it stand out in a crowd.
Here is how the process goes:
We are everywhere
Technology enables BUSINESS buddy to spread its wings to the farthest shores, and places big and small.
The business model works in Bradford-On-Avon in Britain, Melbourne in Australia or Dunedin in New Zealand
It doesn’t matter if you want to work in in a big smoke, boom town or lifestyle hideaway – BUSINESS buddy can work for you and your clients.
BUSINESS buddy beginnings
There are some accountants who are bursting to breakout of conventional stereotypes and BUSINESS buddy’s head honcho Kirsten Hawke is one of those. Far from wanting to hide away with a spreadsheet and screeds of IRD regulations – Kirsten is quite a friendly type and thrives when she is becoming best buddies with a new business. Yes, there were studious years when she was a school kid and loved nothing more than crunching numbers to earn some spending money and she discovered chartered accountancy was her destiny. For more than a decade Kirsten ran a chartered accounting firm in Auckland but when technology revolutionised the industry – she jumped at the opportunity to revolutionise BUSINESS buddy.
Businesses looking for decent support demand more than spending hours sorting through shoeboxes of receipts to produce end-of-year accounts. With smart technology Kirsten and her BUSINESS buddy team could become really good mates with clients and get down to the nitty-gritty of building successful businesses. There has been a shift from seeing an accountant once a year for the good or bad news, to catching up with them regularly for a decent chinwag and real business planning. It’s much more fun and rewarding for everyone – just like when a casual acquaintance becomes a best buddy and you can cut out all of the bollocks.
BUSINESS buddy contact details
PHONE: 0800 283 399
HQ: 35 Allens Road East Tamaki Auckland
POSTAL PO Box: 58 359 Botany Manukau 2163